A Quick Guide on How to Look Put-Together When You're Low on Time
A Last Minute Engagement?
Have you ever had to go somewhere at the last minute but you didn’t have time to do a full face or meticulous hairstyle? We’ve all been there. But how do you walk out of the house within 15-20 minutes and still look well put-together?
Let’s start from the top and work our way down.
- GROOMED HAIR Opt for a simple style. Unless you have super short hair that doesn’t need immediate attention, choose a sleek, low ponytail or bun. If you have tight curly or coily hair, then a moisturized wash-and-go with slicked-down baby hairs is a go-to.
- WASH YOUR FACE with cool water. It gives you a refreshing, ready-to-face-the-world feeling when you’re in a rush.
- MOISTURIZE YOUR FACE and apply sunscreen.
- BRUSH EYEBROWS in place.
- Optional: Lightly dab concealer on problem areas with your finger for easy blending. Sorry, no time for foundation!
- A NUDE LIP A nude lip gives you an effortless, but sophisticated look. It says, "I look good without even trying." Choosing a nude lip also saves you time when deciding on which lip color to choose.
- NO CHIPPED NAIL POLISH If your nail polish has chipped, either remove the polish from each nail or repaint the chipped nails if there are no more than two. Don't spend time repainting all of your nails. This can wait until you return home.
- Optional: Lightly dab concealer on the problem areas with your finger for easy blending. Sorry, no time for foundation!
Your hair and face are now refreshed and ready.
Now for the attire
Pair a well-fitted shirt or t-shirt (sweater during Winter months) with jeans or slacks. Minimal jewery like stud earrings and a simple necklace will do. Finish the look with a comfortable heel or bootie. (Hint: Every fashionable woman should own at least one pair of comfortable, everyday heels.) Add a blazer for a more business casual look.
That's it. You're done!
Download your mini checklist here.
Give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments.